Friday, May 18, 2012

Pictures

Flew into Antananarivo yesterday for my Mid Service Conference.  Excited to see friends and, at last, to have access to a decent internet connection.  Here are a few pictures... 

The kids love to play marbles.  And sometimes they are willing to share.

A lot of my time has been spent in meetings like this one.  Tourists have just begun arriving to my area and the group pictured is preparing for its first guests of the season.

Not a very exciting photo, I know, but I only wanted to point out that the rain clouds have finally given way to blue skies. The road to my village is beginning to dry and the seasonal winds, called "varatraza", provide a little relief from the mid-day heat

One of the local "barbershops" is behind a tree near my house.  For the price of a razor blade most anyone seems willing to cut your hair.  I splurge, however, and get my hair cut in the city for $1.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment