Sunday, July 24, 2011

Random Journal Entry, July 15

I am very pleased to report two items.  The first is that Score (Malagasy equivalent of Wal-Mart) is finally opening in my banking town.  That means that once a month, as long as I don't loiter, I will be able to enjoy air-conditioning and other Vazaha (white people, generally) delicacies.  So excited!  The second bit of news is that today marks my largest continued stay at site.  A paltry two weeks.  Granted, I hope to make it to three or more in the weeks ahead, but this is my high water mark thus far.  On a related note, these have been fairly eventful weeks.  Ok , last weak at least.  And I look forward to staying nominally busy in the week ahead.  Did I mention there will be a grocery store in town? Yes, sorry, I did.  But I really am that excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment